Fall Colours and a Hooded Merganser

Fall at Lakeside Park is stunning. There is so much contrast, so much colour:


 This is definitely my favourite time of the year:


It's a time of plenty for the squirrels:


With a seemingly endless supply of walnuts:


For the red and grey squirrels to harvest and hide:


The flowering plants have also produced a plentiful supply of seeds:


Goldfinches pictured here in the pollinator meadow:


Feeding on the seeds from many different plants:


And also from the birch trees bordering the meadow:


This is a first for me at Lakeside Park. A strikingly coloured, male hooded merganser who simply would not let me get anywhere near close to it:


This is my favourite time of the year, but it is also time for me to leave Lakeside Park. The mornings are now becoming simply too late to be compatible with my nocturnal lifestyle, so I will bow out with a smile from what has been a most enjoyable year photographing the wildlife at Lakeside Park. The next photo of me enjoying the fall weather was taken by my wife on her iPhone:


Copyright © wildlakeside.blogspot.com 2019 Scott Atkinson All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Fantastic shots!! Well done giving people an appreciation for the nature that calls the local wetlands and greenspace home. I am as jealous about your coyote shots as I am your camera gear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. It was really nice meeting you and your very energetic dogs! Thanks for the tip on the coyotes at the wetlands, I'll keep an eye out for them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thrushes and Blue-Winged Teal

A Coyote, an Osprey and a Goldfish

A Welcome Return