Wildflower Meadow

A change of pace this morning at Lakeside Park. I have lots of heron, hawk and beaver photos now, so I turned my attention to the flower meadow and the flowers and insects therein. I tried a different lens today, actually the AF lens that came with my camera which strangely enough, I've hardly ever used. Two bumblebees on a flower which I believe to be wild mint, there are beds of the mint all over the wildflower meadow. If you know any of the plants to be different from what I have listed, please leave a comment below:


I was getting lined up for a photo of this milkweed flower when I noticed something hiding amongst the flower stems:  A really big grasshopper. I moved an obstructing stem to reveal the grasshopper in all of its detail:


Another bumblebee on what I believe to be joe-pye weed:


Lastly a photo I took on the side of the lake. A funnel-web/grass spider:


Copyright © wildlakeside.blogpot.com 2019 Scott Atkinson All Rights Reserved.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrushes and Blue-Winged Teal

A Coyote, an Osprey and a Goldfish

A Welcome Return