Something Creepy

I have a truly scary, creepy photo for you today. This looks as if it came straight out of one of Sir Ridley Scott's Alien movies. I was actually expecting to take a photo of the nymph which was steadily climbing up the reed when I first saw it. I turned to switch cameras as it was too close for my telephoto lens and I would have got my feet very wet if I'd tried to use my macro DIY lens. My trusty Powershot SX720 came out of its holder and when I zoomed in for the photo, this is what I saw:


That was a little unexpected to say the least, but also very cool. I hope you like the photo as much as I do.
Here's another unexpected photo, and nothing creepy at all about this, more unexpected in the fact that female red-winged blackbirds don't usually catch anyone's attention, they're not really that pretty, and for good reason, as they need to hide from predators. But this female red-winged blackbird is definitely looking at her best:


Lastly, nothing unexpected about this at all, no two ways about it, downy woodpeckers are just cute:


Copyright © wildlakeside.blogpot.com 2019 Scott Atkinson All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrushes and Blue-Winged Teal

A Coyote, an Osprey and a Goldfish

A Welcome Return