Dogs on Leash

Other than the odd sighting after their young fledged, the red-winged blackbirds have been all but transparent. That is up until a week ago when they again started calling and displaying from their usual vantage points. Perhaps this is normal behaviour and just a prelude to their migration south. Anyway, as the sign quite rightly says... keep your dogs on a leash:


I found the most uncomfortable position this morning in my attempt at getting a good view of the beaver doing its late morning routine. One foot on the bank and one in the water, with my back leaning against some long-dead branches which felt as though they could give out at any moment:


My discomfort was not in vain as I did capture some decent photos as the beaver went about its business:


Keeping the bed of the stream clear and also taking time to have a snack here and there:


Two woodpeckers; the first I believe is a male hairy woodpecker, looking for a tasty morsel inside an old seed head:


And the second is a photo of a red-bellied woodpecker which I was really happy to take:


Copyright © wildlakeside.blogpot.com 2019 Scott Atkinson All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrushes and Blue-Winged Teal

A Coyote, an Osprey and a Goldfish

A Welcome Return