Downfall of a Bumblebee

The photo you're about to see appears to show a bumblebee clinging to a beautiful goldenrod flower, but look closer:


The bumblebee was actually lifeless and was being prevented from falling by the vice-like grip of an ambush bug. There are two mating ambush bugs in the photo, the larger female is feeding on the bumblebee!

I had wondered where all the frogs had gone. I hadn't heard any croaking for weeks now. A little attention to detail on my part and I found the frogs were all around me, although not croaking:


A close-up of another green frog:


This photo was not taken at Lakeside Park but at my home. I took the opportunity to bring out my oldest Pentax camera with only 6 megapixels onboard while I barbecued a little something to eat. It's an old camera, but it can still perform in the right light. The bird in the photo is a house finch:


Copyright © wildlakeside.blogpot.com 2019 Scott Atkinson All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrushes and Blue-Winged Teal

A Coyote, an Osprey and a Goldfish

A Welcome Return