Join the Dots

There were five arctic terns hunting over Lakeside Park this morning with barely enough light to see by, let alone take any photos. The tern's eyesight must be so much better than ours. The young pied-billed grebe was still performing its miniature submarine trick, diving its way to the far side of the lake as soon as I was sighted. It is still possible to follow its movement underwater by watching the triangular-shaped ripple on the surface. I spotted the beaver among the lily pads eating a favoured treat:


Joining the dots between lily pad flowers, the beaver made its way across the lake, heading for home:


I found the perfect spot to stay out of sight and catch the beaver as it surfaced. I remembered the technique I used last year to catch the beaver in-focus by setting the focal point just ahead of its movement, and as soon as it came into the depth of field, click:


This spotted jewelweed or touch-me-not was host to some bumblebees this morning, moving around the plants from one flower to the next. I've also seen the hummingbirds feeding on its trumpet-shaped flowers. It was overcast this morning though, and way too dark to capture the bumblebees movement, so I took the strangely shaped flower on its own:


Copyright © wildlakeside.blogpot.com 2019 Scott Atkinson All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrushes and Blue-Winged Teal

A Coyote, an Osprey and a Goldfish

A Welcome Return