Waxwings Eat Petals

For a few days in May we had the pleasure of watching cedar waxwings in our garden:


They were there in the morning when I returned home from work and still there when I woke in the late evening for my next shift:


And what was so enticing about our garden to the waxwings:


Our apple tree and specifically, the apple blossoms:


I counted just over a dozen cedar waxwings and they were all intent on feasting on the petals from our apple tree:


So much that they actually stripped them clear in places:


I'm guessing that apple blossoms are a delicacy if you're a cedar waxwing:


Copyright © wildlakeside.blogpot.com 2019 Scott Atkinson All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrushes and Blue-Winged Teal

A Coyote, an Osprey and a Goldfish

A Welcome Return