Snapping Turtles Nesting

Today is egg laying day, and perhaps it had something to do with the temperature, or maybe it was the full moon, but for whatever reason, the snapping turtles at Lakeside Park decided that they must nest. So many turtles this morning that I did not know which way to point my camera:


All making their way up the bank from the lake:


There is a nesting area set aside for the turtles and it was being used, as well as any loose dirt they could find like around the young trees:


This is the main nesting area for the turtles with a bunny photo-bombing in the background:


There is something very prehistoric about the snappers and that is no surprise as they have been around since before the time of the dinosaurs:


It appears it was not just the snappers which I was attracting this morning, but also this little lady who walked right up to me while I was trying to take photos of the turtles:


Actually I think it was the seeds from the tree she was interested in and I was simply in her way:


Copyright © wildlakeside.blogpot.com 2019 Scott Atkinson All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrushes and Blue-Winged Teal

A Coyote, an Osprey and a Goldfish

A Welcome Return